Installment Savings Account
This account allows you to set aside a fixed amount each month to accumulate into a meaningful sum that can be used for business, investments, college tuition, vacation expenses, and wedding preparation or to a retirement fund.
Interest will be compounded daily and will be credited to your account quarterly. If you close your account before interest is credited, you will not receive the accrued interest. We use the daily balance method to calculate the interest on your account. This method applies a daily periodic rate to the principal in the account each day.
Requirements and Restrictions
- The minimum contract amount is $1,000. See schedule on reverse for other contract amounts. You can deposit monthly installments by mail or you can authorize a transfer from your account at Ohana Pacific Bank into this installment savings plan. You must make one deposit into your account each month based on your contract with the bank. If you fail to make three (3) installments, your account may be automatically transferred to a regular savings account.
- If your account is transferred to a regular savings account as noted above, you will be paid the disclosed interest rate for up to 30 calendar days. Thereafter you will be paid interest at the current prevailing savings rate. We will provide you with at least 30 days notice before your account is automatically transferred to a regular savings account.
- There are no withdrawals allowed before maturity. If a withdrawal is made before maturity the account will be converted to a regular savings account. We may impose a fee equal to one hundred twenty (120) days simple interest on the amount withdrawn.
- With OPB Checking Account with auto transfer
- Without OPB Checking Account with auto transfer